Shop Pay Installment FAQs
When checking out with Shop Pay, you now have the option to pay now or later. Paying in installments on Shop Pay allows you to split your purchase amount into four equal, biweekly installment payments with 0% APR, or monthly installments with no hidden or late fees*
How it works
- Add items to your cart (or shopping bag).
- Check out with Shop Pay.
- Choose the option to pay in installments.
Your first payment is due at checkout. The remaining payments are automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay based on the payment plan you chose. Don't worry, you'll get an email reminder before each payment to remind you.
More things to note:
- If you finance your purchase with Affirm, your first payment is due approximately two weeks after your purchase is finalized. Please note that if you preorder an item that is not out yet, your loan payment(s) may be due before you receive your purchase.
- There are no late fees for customers who miss a scheduled payment. However, partial payments or late payments might impact your credit score, or your eligibility to use Shop Pay Installments in the future. If you have questions about a missed installment payment, then you can contact Affirm support for assistance.
- You can not purchase gift cards using Shop Pay Installments. If you want to purchase gift cards along with Shop Pay Installments eligible products, then you need to place two separate orders.
- If you make a return...
After your refund is processed, the refund amount will appear on your payment schedule within 3-10 business days, and your balance will be updated.
If your refund is less than your total purchase balance, then it might not lower your next payment. Instead, you can expect fewer payments, a smaller final payment, or both.
If your refund is more than your purchase balance, then the difference is returned to your original payment method within 3-10 business days.
If your order is made with monthly payments, then the paid interest isn't refunded. Interest is the cost of borrowing, and isn't refundable.
- Shop Pay Installments is only available to customers with a United States billing address and phone number. Customers with international billing addresses and phone numbers can't use Shop Pay Installments.
*Rates from 0% APR or 10-36% APR. Payment options through Shop Pay Installments are subject to an eligibility check and are provided by these lending partners: [affirm.com/lenders](http://affirm.com/lenders).
Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. State notices to consumers [affirm.com/licenses](http://www.affirm.com/licenses).
Here is an example of a Shop Pay w/ installments transaction:
An $800 purchase could be split into 12 monthly payments of $72.21 at 15% APR, or 4 interest-free payments of $200 every 2 weeks.
Have more questions?
For questions about installment payments on Shop Pay, visit https://shoppay.affirm.com/.